Did you mean: 

AFA (Ask For Anything) – Jira Work Management

Viewing page 2 of 2

41 answers

0 votes
FiveZhuo November 3, 2022

hello@Chase, 

score =5

Not sure it's right place to ask the question. I'm doing g the testing of JWM for our business project with free plan, but i have a problem to publish the workflow. What permission do I need so that i can assign to project? thanksJWM221104090932.png

0 votes
Claire Conroy August 29, 2022

I've just started to experiment with the Slack for JIRA automations. We don't have a traditional scrum setup with fixed sprints. I would like therefore to post a reminder to a slack channel 5 working days before a planned release to remind people of the release and its name. It would be great to be able to add the release info to the post too (i.e. the text we maintain in the release view).  At the moment it's not possible to use time as a condition for the posting. 

So the logic would be IF <Release> is in < 5 days THEN post to channel #xyz

JIRA for Slack redirected me here so I hope i am using the correct section.

Happy to be contacted directly about my request 

At the moment this would for me a really nice to have but not essential. The information is there but the developer have to look for it, which they don't always do. 

0 votes
Nikki DuBois July 26, 2022

Ability to have workflow status show up in ONE column and not create a new column to support like Jira Software. This is HUGE. It makes the board so complex sometimes when you have to have 10 different columns just for a specific IN PROGRESS status.

0 votes
Nikki DuBois July 18, 2022

Allow the JWM teams to have a number of IN PROGRESS statuses like JS has. 

All things in flight sit in the IN PROGRESS column rather than creating a new column for each status.

0 votes
Michael Clesceri May 18, 2022

Is there any way automatically shift the other epic dates if the epic date has gone over?

0 votes
Jackie Sutter March 10, 2022

I didn't see this post and already commented in the FAQ post, but I am hesitanting moving to the JWM from the software product beacuse of 2 things:

1. There is no backlog for the tasks, I love the backlog its a great parking place for all ideas and with the board only the tasks we want to work on now are in view.

2. Epics show up on the boards and we can't remove them. No epic is something that is done so quick as a task or story, no need to have them cluttering the board view :)

Bests

Jackie

0 votes
Thammasat University February 17, 2022

Please help me i would like yo know about this,

Why is the total percentage not equal to 100% ?

Screenshot 2565-02-18 at 10.58.02.png

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2022

You have 70 issues in total. 

43/70 ~ 0.614

26/70 ~ 0.371

1/70 ~ 0.014

Since the 3rd decimal place is under 5 in each of these three examples, we round down. So 0.61 + 0.37 + 0.01 = 0.99

If they were 5 or greater, one of them would be rounded up.  These are also approximations, as the the exact number has lots of decimal places.  If you were to add up all of them it would equal 1 or in this case 100%.

0 votes
Martin Svensson January 18, 2022
  • Able to set multiple contexts on issuetypes within a single project. 4
  • Add customfeilds on the approvers screen in the portal. 4
  • Queues from other projects. 1
0 votes
Ian November 23, 2021

Hi. We'd really like quicker ways to classify/filter tasks on all views. Something more like quick filters, rather than the 5 clicks it takes at the moment to filter by, say, component (on the list view). I cannot find a way to filter by component (or anything I could use to categories tasks) on the board view.

- filter on board by 'category' (whatever the best proxy is for a category) 4

- quick filter/1-click filter on list & board (in fact, all views) 3

- a better way to categorise tasks (component is ok, but adding colours etc like I would a epic in a software project would be better) 3

Use case: We have a load of general tasks in the project, but they fall into several categories. I.e. Sales and Marketing, Legal, Recruitment etc. We like having one central place for these tasks, but if we are having a meeting about Recruitment, we want to easily filter to see the relevant tasks to we can review together in a meeting

Happy to be contacted directly about this.

0 votes
jshippy October 21, 2021

Score=4
Customer Notification system from Jira Service Management. Namely the templating and customization capabilities for the emails. We want to present a mostly unified system to our internal customers, and the gap between JSM formatted emails and JWM "you get what you get" is jarring.

And if this is in JWM and I'm missing it, call me out :D

0 votes
Ronja Leine October 4, 2021

Hi everyone :)

I'd really like the possibility to add specific tasks from other Jira projects to my JWM Board.

I looked around and did not find anything regarding this issue so if this is already possible I'd be so glad if you could point me in the right direction.

I have to rate this as a 5 because I want to use the JWM Board for my design team.

In addition to our self management tasks (for designing and concept work) we also have design tasks and subtasks that are part of the development sprint and a regular Jira project. And I'd really like to have one space where I can see all tasks and subtasks that are relevant to us. 

Many thanks,

Ronja

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

Would love to see JWM features in the mobile apps (Android, please!). That list view would be handy from a mobile device...

Just had to add that here.

FYI @Chase Wilson 🙂

0 votes
Klaudia Kuśnierek July 19, 2021

Hi  @Chase Wilson ! I'd like to know more about the JWM data security and the data encryption. At the Atlassian page about the security - there is no information about the Jira Work Management product.

Has JWM any security rules such as TLS 1.2+ encryption in transit and rest security? Am I able to add Atlassian Access app to for example sync with Active Directory? Is there ability to create IP allowing list?

Does the JWM inherit the security rules from the Jira Confluence?

Thank you!

0 votes
Brandon Fish July 16, 2021

We, like most orgs I imagine, are just starting to explore JWM projects, so I'm not sure that I even know enough to know what would be really helpful.  I'll be experimenting with forms for the first time later today.  Here's what I have so far, feel free to contact me:

• Rating (3) - Allow users to create their own projects - As a Jira Software admin, I do not have the option to allow users to create projects on their own.  Ideally I should be able to grant certain groups that permission.  In a perfect world, I would be able to set the groups for individual templates.  For example, allow anyone to create a "Personal task planner" project, but only allow someone in an HR group to create Human resources projects.  I have well over 1,000+ users and if everyone requested a personal project, that is going to eat up a lot of my time.
  • Rating (1) - Set alternate default settings for JWM projects - The default settings that I use for creating company-managed software projects are not the ideal settings for a JWM project.  For example, the default field scheme in our instance requires the description field, but that doesn't make sense for most JWM projects.  The default permission scheme also prevents most users from scheduling issues which bars them from entering the Due date.  I have to change the settings for every JVM project created.  Ideally this would be set at the template level
  • Rating (4) - Allow multiple boards - I have a user group that would like to switch to a JVM project so they can take advantage of the Calendar and List views, however, in their current project they make use of multiple boards tailored to the different issue types.  At the very least, keep the "primary" board for the project and allow traditional boards to "live" in the JVM project and be selectable from the left menu
  • Rating (4) - Allow any field in the list view - The first JVM project I created for someone really needed the Start Date field in the list view.  It sounds like that is being addressed, but really any field should be accessible, even long text fields.  The display for long text fields should be small, but "open up" when selected for data entry.

I'm sure I'll have a lot more as I get into it, and will respond here if it comes up in the next week or so.

Brandon Fish July 19, 2021

Adding one more to the list:

• Rating (1) - Share settings with Software Project - I have a team that requested a POC of a JVM project setup to be as close as possible to their software project.  When I selected the Project Management Template and then selected "share settings with another project", it created the project using the software template instead of JVM.  Should at least provide a warning that the selected template will not be used.
Brandon Fish July 19, 2021
  • Rating (4) - Provide Roadmaps - The roadmaps feature in Jira Software can be a lot more useful than the current timeline implementation.  In particular, the way that issues can be rolled-up under epics.  I even tried to be clever and use a software project to view the roadmap of a JVM project and that is not allowed either.  More details here

Side note, why does the "project management" template not have Epics in it by default?  It's basically the same as a personal task planner.  This does not appear to be viable to manage a large project.  The documentation suggests using versions to manage milestones, but those aren't visible on the list view, and in fact aren't in the default screen configuration.  And there is no way to surface them on the timeline.
Like James Stalker likes this
0 votes
helene_maliko-abraham July 15, 2021

2 Questions - Is there a way to create labels that are specific to the business project?  My list is picking up labels from other Jira projects that don't map to the labels I would like to create for my particular business project. 

How do I create recurring tasks - such as monthly reports?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2021

Instead of labels, have you considered components or custom fields?

• components are a project-specific way of categorizing issues
  • custom fields can be customized to have project-specific values 
0 votes
Maribel Pinillos July 12, 2021

Hello @Chase Wilson !

I don't know if I'm in the right place... sorry if is not here ;)

We're not using JWM yet. I have 2 big questions in order to decide about it.

I wanted to check if in the finance templates you can link to information about suppliers, prices, even contracts, etc (getting that info from somewhere in the same Jira project) in order to have all the process in the same place: supplier, prices, articles, and the purchase itself.

Also I wanted to know if from any task in Jira (JSM, JS) you can link a sale in a Sale project, in ordrer to have there all sales generated in different tasks in Jira.

Both score =5 😊

Thanks!

Maribel

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Maribel Pinillos ! In short, you can do both of these things smile

Links to information: We recently added "URL" field types as a supported field type on the list view. This means you could have a "Contract" field, for example, where you paste URLs to the relevant contract link. You'd simply need to create a new custom field and associate it with the project.

Linking across products: This is indeed something you can do in Jira Cloud. You can create a task in Jira Service Management (or Jira Software) that is linked to a Jira Work Management task. You can link as many tasks as you'd like, which could be helpful for an account that has multiple sales. 

Hope that helps. Let us know what you think about Jira Work Management when you try it out!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events