Jira Work Management FAQ

103 comments

Hélène Dufour June 20, 2021

Hello

Is is possible to import all epics/tasks/sub tasks from a Software project to a Business project ? or to have them linked anyhow ?

thanks

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2021

Hi @Hélène Dufour , great question. I would suggest you:

- Create a new Business project sharing the same settings as the Software project you already have. You can find instructions on how to do so here.

- You can then export your issues from the Software project. Multiple options here.

- Now you're ready to import your issues into the new JWM project. Instructions here.

Hope that's helpful. Cheers!

Rebecca Kyles June 26, 2021

Can you recommend training for the new JWM?

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2021

Hi @Chase Wilson thank you for the post and details.

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2021

Hello @Chase Wilson , Where can i get tutorials on JWM and JSM / JSD.

Like Chase Wilson likes this
Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2021

@KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH @Rebecca Kyles I actually just posted a demo video today, check it out here.

Marie F. Kent July 8, 2021

Hello! What is the purpose of the 'What team is this for?' drop down, during project creation? 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

👋 If anyone has feedback on how to make Jira Work Management better, their team started an "AFA" (Ask For Anything) thread here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Work-Management-Questions/AFA-Ask-For-Anything-Jira-Work-Management/qaq-p/1745096

Amanda Ward July 26, 2021

Can anyone explain how to use this feature: "Sync tasks across projects

Mark tasks as a duplicate across projects to keep track of work between teams."

Found here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/work-management/features

Like Dave Liao likes this
Raz Dotan July 27, 2021

Hi, is there any presentation on Work management?

Thanks

Raz

Nicola J August 11, 2021

This is a great set of features and my non-software development collegues would love to have access to this functionality. However we will never be able to use cloud and as others have said, the lack of data center option for newer functionality such as this and align makes me nervous for the future of the self-hosted offer. 

Nishat Ahmed August 24, 2021

Hi, I'm new to this product, Is it possible 1) manage traditional projects(waterfall, hybrid), 2) define phase/stage gates with workflow for approvals 3) Risk register with workflow  4) Documents for each phase, 5) Define this as a template to create any new projects

Craig Schwarze _ProjectBalm_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 24, 2021

Hi Nishat,

It's definitely possible to have a risk register in Jira and there are several apps that provide this functionality. Just search the marketplace for "risk" - like this.

kind regards,
Craig Schwarze
ProjectBalm

Like Dave Liao likes this
Kristen Totten-Greenwood September 7, 2021

@Chase Wilson is there a way to get a high level demo of how to use Jira Work Management?  Or are there videos available showing the basics?

Brody September 8, 2021

Any update on when Epics will be available on the List and Timeline view for JWM projects?

Like # people like this
Pronto Software October 12, 2021

Hi @Chase Wilson ,

Wondering whether you could comment on this comment around license charging.

From what I read, our license for Jira software enables me to to use JWM without additional license purchase. Is this a right assumption?

From the FAQ article it appears to be no-cost at the moment, which hints at the situation changing in the future. This being the case I'm not prepared to activate JWM knowing projects will spring-up like mushrooms and we'll need to purchase it down the track... or not purchase it and need to convert a bunch of mushrooms to Jira Software or JSM.

Cheers,

Peter Q

Like # people like this
Victor Chin October 31, 2021

How do I disable Jira Work Management for the entire company?

Abdelhay November 3, 2021

@Chase Wilson The article says that "Jira Work Management is a cloud-only product. We will not be releasing Server or Data Center variations of Jira Work Management". Do we really need to migrate our Data Center license to cloud-based product in order to have Jira Work Management? Does Atlassian have a FedRamp's cloud solution?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2021

Is it possible to establish a standard "configuration/scheme" for the List view and share that between Work Management projects? Prompted to ask this question based on this post in the Jira Software Community:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-do-i-set-templated-columns-in-list-and-globally-apply-it-to/qaq-p/1859798?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mentions_reply&utm_content=topic

Colleen Gotling November 22, 2021

@Chase Wilson  - I hope you can help me.   I have read so many articles my head is spinning.  Basically I just joined a company that is just now starting to use agile scrum and Jira.  I'm trying to figure out which products would work best for us but they all sound so similar.  We need to be able to create a form where business can enter requests.  We need to be able to track our time and distinguish between CapEx and OpEx.  We need to be able to have business groups separated with various projects under each group.  We probably need other things but those are the main goals at this time.   Can you help guide me?

Like # people like this
Jason Shanks January 24, 2022

I want to see our Atlassian Bitbucket integration that works in our Jira Software projects on Jira Work projects. It's confusing because:
1. The Project settings>Development tools allow you to connect the service (or see that it already is)
2. The Issue layout has the ability to add the Development field

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 12.51.51 pm.png

Yet no commits using the task-ID show up here and ALL the documentation specifies it only works with Jira Software (not Jira Work). Whats the plan here or what am I missing?

Jade Melcher January 25, 2022

One year later and stories still don't roll up to epics and there haven't been too many improvements to JWM projects. unfortunate as our marketing team of 90 wants to leverage but we may need to move them to an entirely different tool.

Karen Sinclair January 26, 2022

So sorry if this has been asked but,  can you please clarify???  So if my company has JIRA software for 500 odd licences,  does it now include JIRA work management?  So can I create a work management project without the company being charged for additional licence fees?

Like Kalin U likes this
Marc Anderson February 11, 2022

PLEASE re-consider a Data Center version of jira work management... company policies often prevent large organizations from using cloud versions of these amazing tools. 

Ben Van Walbeek March 3, 2022

Does JWM have the ability to pull in Jira cards from other projects? For example, I have a team using JWM and wants to pull in cards they are receiving from JSM onto their JWM board. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events