Jira Work Management FAQ

103 comments

Jade Melcher April 30, 2021

not seeing a way to delete a comment so inserting random text :) 

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2021

Thanks for the recent feedback everyone! @Jade Melcher you should expect to see new filtering capabilities within the next two weeks (slow rollout beginning on 5/3) that will apply to the list view. We will then bring these filters to all of the new views shortly after!

@rodney great question – can you log this feedback using the "Give feedback" option in the left navigation of your JWM project? That's the easiest way to send requests to the entire JWM team and afterwards we can chat more.

Awesome!! Appreciate you and the team. Just to clarify, is adding epic labels on an issue on the board view something that is on the roadmap or should I submit?

Thank you,

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2021

@Jade Melcher missed that one, sorry! Please submit that as a specific request, though I believe we're trending in that direction as of now.

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2021
@Cindy Chan that is correct, right now you are able to use JWM without additional licenses! Converting a project is not quite a simple as clicking a button, but you can fairly easily export your JSW data into a CSV and then upload that data into a JWM project. More information here.
Like Kalin U likes this

Hero! Thanks Chase

Like Chase Wilson likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

@Chase Wilson  Thank you for FAQ! 

Like # people like this
Venkat Patchigolla May 4, 2021

Jira Work Management is a cloud-only product. We will not be releasing Server or Data Center variations of Jira Work Management.

@Chase Wilson What is the equivalent of "Jira Work Management" in Server or DC.

Alex Janes May 4, 2021

@Venkat Patchigolla It seems there is no direct equivalent to Jira Work Management on-premise. You can probably replicate some of the functionality utilizing addons. But unfortunately, they have no plans to make this on-premise.

Like Chase Wilson likes this
crypton1 May 4, 2021

Hi thanks for JWM. Looks promising for our company. The only thing I don’t get it. What is the use of the forms. If you still need to register. If you are registered then you can already use the smooth list view to super fast create issues. The only usage of a form IMO is for external users without that access. 

or am I missing a point here?

edit: business wise for Atlassian I understaind that you like to link it to licensed users.  But then I think it’s better to cover that by only giving forms in the pro plan. 

Moritz Maximilian Strauss May 10, 2021

Hi Chase,

It looks like JWM will be sth. really great. I comes just in team with our startups transition from Trello to Jira.

Could you help me with these two questions:

1. I tried to import our existing Trello boards using this article: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-trello/ . Whenever I click on settings my page jumps always from JWM to JIRA Software. And so every board I import ends up in JSW instead of JWM which causes me to loose my checklists and archived cards. Is this a bug or can you help me to make it work?

2. Our developers use and will continue to use JSW. Is there away to synchronize milestones or due dates etc. from JSW projects with JWM projects? This would allow us to really synch all departments.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

All the best,

Moritz

Like Lydia Mzondo likes this
Ioana Glitia May 19, 2021

Will I be able to link to existing Jira Software tickets or Confluence pages from Jira Work Management issues/tickets in the near future? 

Like Lydia Mzondo likes this
Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2021

@crypton1 good question! We see Forms as a way to:
- Hide the project UI. E.g. you may have a specific ranking preference and don't want other teams actively making changes in your project.
Standardize what information is given to your team. Simply creating issues in a project may need to otherwise rely on many required fields and an understanding of the issue create screen (which can be intimidating for some users).
- Provide a single place for other teams to submit information. Instead of needing to remember which project is owned by which team, the mental model of submitting via a Form can be more intuitive for some users.

Hope that's useful, and feel free to give feedback in the product for our teams to look into!

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2021

@Moritz Maximilian Strauss glad it looks promising for your teams!

1. As per the screenshot below, if you have JSW the importer will automatically adjust to Next-Gen (now called team-managed) projects as they have a more flexible workflow system than company-managed projects (which are the foundation of Jira Work Management). I would use a CSV import method for moving from Trello to JWM to move the data over.

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 12.02.31 PM.png

2. Advanced Roadmaps are an awesome way to do this! If you use JSW Premium this functionality is already included for your organization. Advanced Roadmaps can pull in both JWM and JSW data into the same Plan and allows you to view that data right next to each other. The Timeline and Roadmaps features within projects are local to those projects, though you can always link issues between Jira Cloud products (JSW, JWM, JSM).

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2021

@Ioana Glitia you should be able to do both of those today! 

Amanda Ward May 25, 2021

I have a question about the calendar view. Will we ever be able to add items or events to the calendar without creating a ticket? My team has a couple "daily tasks" and stand-ups that I would like to show on the calendar. 

Will users be able to see an individual calendar view rather than the whole project?

Like Jon Gettinger likes this
cwu-web-svc-admin May 26, 2021

@Chase WilsonI saw someone ask this but it wasn't not answered. I already use jira software and confluence, so when I try to add JWM I am asked to add confluence and claim my domain (which we already use) and we are unable to move past that screen. How do I just add JWM to the accounts we already use.

Like # people like this
Ioana Glitia May 26, 2021

@Chase Wilson & @cwu-web-svc-admin  following up on the same issue.

Jade Melcher May 27, 2021

one more question for you @Chase Wilson , bless you for your time!

1) I read above that there are not yet sprints and there won't be a backlog. we are dying to use these projects for list view, calendar view, forms but we rely on sprints and backlog to manage our work. will this ever be considered? thank you!

2) will you add the ability to have a form per issue type or multiple forms per project at any point? we have a single project with 6 issue types for copy, design, dev, ux, web design, etc. and would like to do a form for each team.

thank you! 

Brad MacLean May 28, 2021

@Chase Wilson Hi Chase, should all 23 JWM templates be available right now?  I'm only seeing 8 available to me as part of the Create Project process.  Thanks, Brad

Deleted user June 1, 2021

Hi @Chase Wilson Is it possible in Jira Work Management to work in a private board with, for example 1 other person or will everybody in the company see this project? 

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
June 2, 2021

@Amanda Ward that's a fascinating idea that we haven't heard of until now. Because of that we don't have any plans to do this, but I'll bring it up with the rest of the team to get their thoughts!

Like # people like this
Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
June 2, 2021

@cwu-web-svc-admin & @Ioana Glitia The good news is that your Jira Software licenses allow you to create Business projects (which are the manifestation of Jira Work Management). More on that topic here.

If you're looking to add new users with Jira Work Management licenses you should be able to:

Log into your Jira Software site --> Select the Settings gear --> Choose "User management" --> Select "Discover applications" on the left menu --> Find Jira Work Management and start a trial

If that doesn't help, please email me or Atlassian Support and we'll work to resolve the problem. Thank you!

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
June 2, 2021

Hi @Jade Melcher , I'll try to help on both of these:

1. Right now we don't have plans to bring sprints to Jira Work Management, but you may see features like the List appear in Jira Software in the further out future. 

2. We're actually working on designing this right now! Feel free to email me at cwilson@atlassian.com if you'd like to give us feedback on the implementation of multiple forms per project. 

Cheers!

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
June 2, 2021

@Brad MacLean that's odd, you should be able to see all 23 templates right now. Keep in mind that Jira Work Management is only for Cloud, so Jira Core Server would continue to only have 9 templates. Otherwise you may be in a group that doesn't have the new templates enabled, so just let me know if you still can't see the new templates.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events