Explore November’s updates in Jira Work Management 🍂 Google Chrome extension, board grouping & more

There are plenty of updates to unwrap in JWM this month, so let’s get started!

Unscheduled tasks in calendar 🗓

Tasks without due dates are less likely to get done. Now JWM helps you stay on track. View all your unscheduled tasks on your calendar and drag and drop them into the ideal due date in seconds.

Unscheduled tasks.gif

Expand and collapse tasks in list view ✅

Switch up the list view to get the information you need. Expand tasks to get down to the nitty gritty of your project and collapse tasks to see a bird’s eye view.

Expand collapse List.gif

Google Chrome Extension 🔌

Create tasks from anywhere with JWM’s new extension in Google Chrome. Now you can build out tasks and assign them to your teammates without ever switching tabs.

Install it here.

Coming soon: Try a template recommendation 🌟

Creating a new project? Check out the “Made for you” category that suggests templates curated to your unique type of work.

Made for you.png

Coming soon: Board grouping 🗂

Customize how you organize your board beyond status. You’ll be able to set your board columns by Assignee, Priority, and Category to get the most helpful view for your work management.

Board grouping.gif

Coming soon: More Confluence integrations ✨

Bring your Confluence pages directly into project views and tasks with our upcoming integrations.

Excited about these updates? Let us know by giving this post a like 👇🏾

10 comments

Masayuki Abe December 1, 2022

Hi,Christa Parrish

Will a fix for the JWMCLOUD-325 bug be included? I have many opportunities to add subtasks while referencing the content of an issue in the list view, and I am having a lot of trouble with the summary and the person in charge being hidden.

It is not possible to reference the values entered or swap subtasks on the same screen. We strongly hope that fixing bugs will be a higher priority than adding trivial features.

Like # people like this
Marin
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2022

Hi @Christa Parrish

I am happy to see that JWM is growing, especially because our products are following the Atlassian together, which was presented in San Francisco a few months ago.

Best regards
Marin

Like Christa Parrish likes this
Christa Parrish
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2022

Thanks, @Marin

Gail December 8, 2022

Big question.... WHEN will the update to give JWM the 3 level hierarchy like we have in Jira Software (Epic -- Task/Story/Bug -- Sub-Task).    This is a HUGE item and is really needed for people to adopt to using JWM.

Like Masayuki Abe likes this
David Morgan December 15, 2022

Interesting updates. It's useful to be able to create additional fields for Issues, but the fields then need to feature in Filters.... 

David Morgan December 15, 2022

@Gail - I've created the structure of Epic / Task / Sub-Task, having started with a Project Management Template in JWM.... 

ZC December 15, 2022

some feature requests have been created years ago with huge votes are still unassigned... many of them can even be considered current system limitations.

dmitry.gil December 20, 2022

Unscheduled tasks in Calendar - is thus feature globally available? Don't see it in my instanse

Marin
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 30, 2022

Nice! Some of our developers decided to use JWM instead of Software. UI is awesome

Like Christa Parrish likes this
Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2023

I may be just a country Jira admin with mud on my sneakers and hayseed in my headset, but embedding all of this in JWM projects feels like the wrong direction. All of these feel like less-good reproductions of things you already built, and in a less useful way.

- The vast majority of my teams might be able to take advantage of one or maybe two of these views, but not all of them. Seeing them is not only a lot in and of itself, but if the team's data isn't structured in a way to support the view, it can actually create some friction and anxiety in the team. This is pretty much the exact reason dashboards exist. So while the 'calendar' view is intellectually cool, it would be significantly more valuable if this effort was put against an upgraded calendar dashboard gadget.

- There is a million small but valuable features in boards that have already been built in Jira Software but that do not exist here. Conversely, it is only a matter of time before JWM has some small but fun feature that will never get ported into JS.

Like David Morgan likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events