within an organization, can some users be on standard license and some on premium?

michaelreiff February 3, 2021

within an organization, can some users be on standard license and some on premium? There are some premium features that not every users needs, such as roadmapping, but certainly some do need.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

John and Jack are right, so I won't repeat what they've said, but I wanted to add that the licences are done by people, they are done by service.  A service can't be run at two different levels.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

no this is not offered. the license level is based upon the instance and all users count to the level. Similarly for any addon these are per user so if you have 100 users but only 10 need a certain addon you are still billed at 100.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

Hi Michael - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

My knowledge is no - not in the same instance. You can have different instances with different plans, but within the instance it is either premium or not.

You can have Premium JSM and Standard Jira Software or vice versa since they are separate products. But not a mixture in the same product. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events