why can't I see issues from a previously closed sprint

Robert Pepitone September 26, 2012

The documentation says that a filter can be created in Jira with the following syntax but it doesn't work:

sprint = 999

or

sprint in (1,3,4)

I want to be able to search for all issues from sprint 103, so using closedsprints() is not helpful.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

This should work, you might like to take a look at the sprint value in the issues that apparently aren't showing up, perhaps they've been cleared by someone else.

You can more easily see issues from a closed sprint by accessing the Sprint Report then clicking View in Issue Navigator.

Thanks,
Shaun

0 votes
Robert Pepitone September 27, 2012
103 and 102 is what I had named the sprint through green hopper. 103 and 102 are also the values that are displayed in the sprint column when searching by closedsprints() in Jira. How can I see the internal value for the sprint?
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

This video will show you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQCRL_QOh6s

I, myself, just had to find this today as we have been testing the GH and JIRA integration and have assessed is not for prime time consumption - but, this should help.

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2012

Where are you trying to see the issues? In the Issue Navigator it should work as described by Shaun.

If you want to see the in the planning board that won't work, as you cannot see issues there that are 'done'.

Robert Pepitone September 26, 2012

I can see from the the results of "sprint in closedSprints()" that I have many issues that belong to closed sprints.

But when I use:

sprint = 103

or

sprint = '103'

or

sprint = "103"

or

sprint in (102,103)

I get "No matching results"

Also, you mentioned accessing closed sprints from the Sprint Report. I'm seeing that only active sprints are displayed in this report and closed sprints are not available.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2012

And, the 103 or 102 as mentioned above is the internal ID for the sprint, not what you see in the UI when viewing the sprint - correct?

Suggest an answer