while setting up kanban board. i am unable to add the status .

Bhuwan May 2, 2021

While setting up the second board as a kanban board in my project, I cannot add the status . I see the message "This board is unable to use a Software Simplified Workflow," and there is no "add status " tab in add column section of board settings.

3 answers

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2021

you need to go into the workflow and add your status there. Then go into the column section under board settings and map the status to a new column. 

3 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2021

Hi @Bhuwan  I think you are facing the below issue with your board.

To use the Software Simplified Workflow below pre-requisites should be fulfill

You will only be able to switch to Simplified Workflow if:

• There is only one project being viewed by your board (to check this, look at the board's filter)
  • That project uses a Jira workflow scheme, which only has one workflow for all issue types
  • Your workflow only uses post functions, validators, and conditions that are provided by Atlassian – and not any of which provided by add-ons
  • The existing workflow has at least one outgoing transition for each status

Please find the below Atlassian document for more information

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-the-simplified-workflow/

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

Hi @Bhuwan  - Make sure you Publish the workflow after adding the status. The status will not show up to put on the board until you publish it. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events