which table in Jira database has column of story point

Orlando W January 14, 2021

Hi, I may seek assistance on the story point column in Jira database, I could not found it in customfield, is there any other table may contain story point by any chance

3 answers

1 vote
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

@Orlando W 

It should be in customfieldvalue table. Please check once.

Orlando W January 17, 2021

Thanks Sandesh, but do you know why it's null value in cfvalue table? even though it shows points number in sprint board 

0 votes
Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2022

Hi, folks, I was helping a custom and saw this thread so might as well leave the info here for all:

To get all Story Points value from all issues on your instance, you can use the following:

SELECT ji.id as issue_id, p.pkey||'-'||ji.issuenum as key, cf.id as customfield_id, cfname, cfv.numbervalue
FROM customfield cf, customfieldvalue cfv join jiraissue ji on cfv.issue=ji.id join project p on ji.project = p.id
where cf.id = cfv.customfield
and cfname = 'Story Points';

If you'd like to reduce one join and make it a bit faster, you may fetch the ID of the Story Points field beforehand and hardcode it to your query:

select id from customfield where cfname = 'Story Points';

Then you replace the XXXXX with the ID from above:

SELECT ji.id as issue_id, p.pkey||'-'||ji.issuenum as key, cfv.numbervalue
FROM customfieldvalue cfv join jiraissue ji on cfv.issue=ji.id join project p on ji.project = p.id
where cfv.customfield = 'XXXXX';

If you have multiple Story Points then you need to determine which one you want.

The above is for the default Story Points which has the values on customfieldvalue.number column.

0 votes
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Orlando W Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

You will find the story point column in "customfieldvalue" table.

I hope it will help you.

Thanks

Orlando W January 17, 2021

Thanks Monika, but I have question about that I found value or number column shows null, but I can indeed see the points in the sprint, do you know the reason, is it possible in other tables any column?

Suggest an answer