where excaclty we can use diff validator and condition , Can anyone explain me in details

Devadiga Sammu July 18, 2021

I just wanted to know in details about all conditions and validator  with example, as im not able to understand because it does not show any difference once i applied the validators and conditions in my workflow

1 answer

1 vote
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2021

@Devadiga Sammu  Let me try to explain the difference between Validators, Conditions and also postfunctions.

Conditions :- These are applies before the transitions and if condition are not met user won't see the transitions. eg:- When you want to hide a transitions from users or make transition visible to single project role or group.

Validators :- These are applied during transitions and if Validation fails then transition is not executed but it does not hide any transition from users. eg:- When you want to make sure everyone can see the transition but only users with certain permission can execute it or want to make certain field mandatory for just one transition.

Post-function :-  These are applied after a transition is completed successfully. Postfunction does not restrict anyone from completing transition unlike validators or conditions. eg:- When you want to assign an issue to user who transitioned it automatically. 

I hope that clarifies it a bit, these are some of the advance workflow features and will take some time to get hold of.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events