when i am adding new task in jira i am not able to find due date option to provide the due date ?

Prakhar Jagariya July 10, 2018

I have created a project --> under the project i am adding the task but not able to see any due date option 

how to enable due date ?

7 answers

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2018

Hi @Prakhar Jagariya,

Is this field hidden in the field schema?

hide.png

0 votes
Prakhar Jagariya July 11, 2018

-

0 votes

I am also not able to see the picture uploaded by you 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2018

Are you an admin? Please go to the project in question then Project Settings, Screens and edit the screen of interest, e.g. the view screen. You should see something like below and if Due date is not already displayed then enter in the box as shown.

2screen.jpg

Hello Jack,

Thank you for your response. Yes I am admin. I have tried to add new screen with due date and other fields.

Workflows and Screen schemes were blank by default

Then I have added Screen Schemes and Issue type screen schemes.

Still I am not able to see the due date option while creating the new issue/task.

I have tried many other options also but not sure why i am not able to do it ?

That is  very important field and we are not able to use it .

newadd.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2018

@Prakhar Jagariya, please keep all replies under this answer if associated w/ our communications.

I need the following screenshots from you to assist further:

1. Project > Project Settings > Screens
  2. Project > Project Settings > Screens > Edit Issue screen

as an example here is one of mine...

1screen.jpg

1edit.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2018

If you get to the screen and don't see Due Date and cannot enter Due Date then you need to check the following to ensure that the Screen you are trying to add it to has Due Date assigned:

system Settings > Issues > Field Configurations... find Due Date and see if the screen is listed. If not Click the Screens link on the right find your screen and select it in the checkbox.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2018

@Prakhar Jagariya, please use the "Reply" not the "Answer" each time you respond. It breaks the thread and makes it hard to read.

On the Screen please try to enter "Due Date" at the bottom where there should be a box w/ "Select Field..." as shown in my earlier image w/ the red box calling it out.

Hello @Jack Brickey  Due date is already present in the configure screen window 5th number after Priority.

I have also checked in the field configurations ( I have already enabled (checkbox) due date for all the screens  )

Still not able to see the due date.

Adding due date is very very complex has to go through many many settings but still not able to find.

screen21.PNG

1stsceen.PNGscreen2.PNG

confidure.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2018

Prakhar, are you sure that the images you have shared are from the LP project? In an earlier image you show where you are editing LP-3 so I assume that is the project in question. Are you navigating to the project first and then Project settings? The screenshots appear to be coming from the main system settings.

Are you on server or cloud? If on server which version?

Prakhar Jagariya July 12, 2018

Hello Jack,

Thank you for your reply.

but i found the resolution, due date started displaying when i have created new project with Scrum and Project Management template.

Whereas earlier i was using Agile template

Prakhar Jagariya July 12, 2018

Thank you very much for all your responses which you did yesterday.

I really appreciate the help which you provided. 

0 votes

I have also tried 

these settings still not find the way to add the due date

• Administration > Issues > Permission Schemes
  • Open one of the permisison schemes
  • Scroll down and find the permission "Schedule Issues"
  • Make sure it is configured properly for your project
  • Also make sure the Due Date field is on the screens your project uses: 
  • Administration > Issues > Screens
  • Finally make sure the field is not hidden: 
  • Administration > Issues > Field Configurations, open the field config used by your project and check if the due date is not hidden.
0 votes

thank you very much for the response.

I tried the option which you told but i could not see where is my field ? option in configuration field 

addfields.PNG

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2018

Hi @Prakhar Jagariya,

You can click "where is my field" when creating Issue and check the cause of the problem.

1.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2018

you just need to add it to the screen and Ollie's suggestion will direct you to achieve that.

Suggest an answer