when create story or epic drop down list doesn't give you ability to choose between them

Виктория January 12, 2021

I can't choose in drop down list . the only way to write type and then it change? what can it be?

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 16.54.21.png

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Are there any chances an App is in place which worked okay in past but now causes this - probably by an upgrade of it (or Jira version lately)?
It would have to be some App that interferes with user interface but this time it is hard to say which one specifically - are there any Apps deployed in your instance?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

If I understand what you are saying it seems that when you click on the dropdown for Issue type nothing happens, but if you begin to type another issue type it shows up? Can you please try another browser? Does this happen only in this project or all projects for you? Can you ask another user if they can reproduce?

@Jack Brickey Exactly! I tried another browser - the same. it happens with every user(different roles) in only one project.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Виктория  - If I understand you correctly, you see Story as the only option for the Issue Type dropdown? 

If so, see if there are other issue types available in the issue type scheme. Go to Project Settings > Issue Types and see what Issue Types are available for that project. 

@John Funk if you see the message down here. Jack wrote it exactly how it happens. if you change issue type by typing its works. so, for sure another issue type is available.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

Do any of the other Issue Types use the same Workflow as Story? How many other Issue Types are there? Do they al use different Workflows? 

Suggest an answer