using advanced roadmaps for visibility into our teams' work

Aryeh Schwob February 8, 2023

I have an executive who is requesting a single source for information and updates into the projects that the teams are busy with.
He would like to be able to meet with a Team Manager and have visibility into all the work the team is doing. Advanced Roadmaps filtering tool is a bit bulky and you need to know each individual assignee to filter with.
I would love to hear how people deal with this sort of thing (providing visibility into work and projects).

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Meghan LaClair February 20, 2023

Hi @Aryeh Schwob 

If you are open to marketplace solutions this is something that we provide visibility into at minware.

Our predictive roadmap links ticketing, code sources and calendar data. This allows us to weigh weekends and PTO, account for dependencies in the workflow, and we can set-up notifications to let you know if something is running behind schedule.

Predictive Roadmap.png

We offer a free trial, let me know if you are interested in more information!

Disclaimer: Marketplace partner

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

You need to first get the definition of the requirements for "visibility into all the work the team is doing".

What level is the executive trying to get to? Does the executive really want to drill into the work of each assignee, or does the executive want an overview for the team collectively?

Is the executive interested in only the items that are actively being worked on at the moment, or the backlog/roadmap/completed items?

Is the executive trying to understand the progress being made on deliverables?

Aryeh Schwob February 8, 2023

He is trying to understand progress being made on the deliverables as well as to make sure the projects being worked on align with priorities. It is for an overview of the team collectively.

We use epics to group together the tasks into do-able objectives. So we don't need to drill into the tasks, rather just to check in on the objectives the team is working on and to get updates on them.

Is the solution to assign the epics to the person responsible for delivering the objective?

Thank you for your help, I am relatively new at this and appreciate your help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events