user unable to change full or public name

Sejal June 8, 2021

I'm the admin for our JIRA account and one of our user is unable to change his name!  can you help!

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2021
Sejal June 8, 2021

@Jack Brickey  Yes we tried that and getting error msg; unable to save changes.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2021

OK just wanted to make sure. This being the case I suspect it is as Dave mentions the domain is managed by your admin.

Sejal June 8, 2021

@Jack Brickey if domain is not verified and there is no connection between JIRA and our domain how is that managed by organization?  

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2021

Hi @Sejal ,

Does your organization use a verified domain? Are your the Org Admin or a Site Admin only?

Thanks for your reply,

Dave

Sejal June 8, 2021

@Dave Mathijs I'm the site admin only, we do have verified domain but the user that's having trouble is not on our domain his e-mail domain is different....  I've asked user to change it himself, and he's not able to either.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2021

@Sejal This would mean that the user's domain is managed by his organization and he should ask his Org Admin to update/change his name. 

Sejal June 8, 2021

@Dave Mathijs i'm the org admin and i'm not able to do it either.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2021

@Sejal As you said, since the user is not on your domain, so you cannot manage his account. The Org Admin of his domain can though.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events