unable to open Jira post installation from Windows10, browser with localjost:8080.

Palanivelu LM September 25, 2019

While installing the atlassian-jira-software-8.4.1-x64 file, initially the installer said that I don't have administrative rights to this m/c and such some instances may not work message. I ignored and installed. After that when I started using from the browser with losthost:8080, it says local host refused to connect error. 

I tried to change the port in Jira configuration tool, but with no help ( 8100 and 8015). 

--------------------

Well, I am getting this new error from the browser, while executing localhost:8100

Jira encountered the following problems during startup. You need to fix any errors before you start Jira again.

Setup: Your jira.home path is a parent of your webapp servlet path

Your jira.home path C:\Users\palan\Atlassian\JIRA can't be the parent directory your webapp servlet path C:\Users\palan\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira.
Review our documentation for more information on setting your JIRA home.

Learn more

If you're unable to fix the problems and need to contact support, we can respond faster if you provide the logs of your instance.

1 answer

0 votes

Capture1.JPG

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2019

It looks like your home directory and installation directory locations are clashing. Reinstall jira in a different other than C:\Users\palan\Atlassian\JIRA  

Thanks it worked. Looks like, I did not wait long enough for the server to be completely up and running, before executing localhost:8080.

Appreciate your swift reply

Santak February 10, 2020

On my local Windows 10 environment, I gave R\W access to admin group and network service.

This was done for C:\Program Files\Atlassian\...

Restarted the service and JIRA was up and running

Thank you so much.

Like Nexogic likes this
Nexogic December 13, 2020

Thank you so much !!

This worked for me.

Suggest an answer