unable to login or rest my password for Jira and confluence

Ziad Elawar February 27, 2018

Hello

I am nit able to login to Jira or  confluence i bought the licences from around week for exam preparation

sincerely

Zack

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2018

Hi Ziad,

These guides have SQL queries that will help you restore the passwords: Retrieving the JIRA Administrator and for Confluence, Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights

Best of luck - keep us posted. :)

Ann

Ziad Elawar February 28, 2018

Hello Ann

Thank you so much for the information the Jira working perfectly no issue still i have the confluence and I am getting localhost refused to connect. even i created inbound and outbound rules in the firewall allow this connection and i checked many solutions but so fare no luck please let me know if you have any idea

0 votes
Marcelo Mella February 27, 2018

JIRA Cloud? JIRA Server?

Where did you installed it?

Ziad Elawar February 27, 2018

Hello Marcelo

I am using my local machine laptop) and I install it in C drive C:\Program Files\Atlassian

where in this folder there is Jira and confluence

sincerely

Ziad

Marcelo Mella February 27, 2018

If you have just installed the app, now you have to configure it.

On your browser open localhost:8080 for Jira and localhost:8090 for Confluence

hello Marcelo,

Thank you so much for the information the Jira working perfectly no issue still i have the confluence and I am getting localhost refused to connect. even i created inbound and outbound rules in the firewall allow this connection and i checked many solutions but so fare no luck please let me know if you have any idea

regards

Ziad

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2018

If localhost is not responding, then it's quite likely that the service are not running.

Hello Nic

Yes this the problem I check in service for confluence server but it not there to start do have any idea how i can download it to my local machine i download it same way I did for Jira  and i can see them in the service and i have no issue with them

sincerely

ziad

Marcelo Mella February 28, 2018

Maybe you havent install it or Jira is not letting Confluence to use the server on your computer.

I use windows, but i have no experience installing any Atlassian product on that OS.

i would suggest to use VirtualBox, and create some virtual machines. Install a Linux OS and try it there. Then you will have two virtual machines that you can load and unload as needed. The only thing you have to keep in mind is to configure de Nat for accesing outside the virtual machine.

Another way is getting a VPS on any host provider, such as AWS, Azure, or any other. I use Contabo myself, its only 5 euros per month.

Suggest an answer