trouble setting up notifications

PatriciaG April 16, 2015

Our group is still trying to figure out how to properly use JIRA agile notifications. We have a couple of projects in which we presumably configured all project roles to receive notifications about all events, and made some people (e.g. Bill Parod) a member of all the project roles. However, notifications are not being received when moving sub-tasks within a story (that is, changing their status to in-progress, done, etc.) or even the story itself. Our instance is at https://nuit-art.atlassian.net, and the two projects I am referring to are: PST and CCSTM.  Thanks in advance for any help.

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2015

Most, if not all, users here can't log in to your instance, and would probably need an admin account to look at your notification schemes and workflows in any case.

You say that "...in which we presumably configured all project roles to receive notifications about all events...". That's not very reassuring. Can you make sure the notification scheme actually notifies these roles for all events? 

Apart from that, are these the only projects you have, or do you have more for which notifs are working correctly? If so, are these projects using different workflows?

Have you tried using the notification helper to figure out why certain issues don't send out notifications?

Short of a bug, I can think of only two possibilities

1. Your workflow is not sending out Generic events in transitions, therefore the notification scheme is not picking up anything that triggers a notification
  2. Your notification scheme is not properly configured, and the project roles are not associated to events

If this is not the problem, you might have to go deeper and look at the mail queue and look if there's anything in the error queue. Or do you not have access to that with Cloud? (I use Server)

Anyway, you might want to contact Atlassian Support directly if you can't resolve this with configs alone.

Cheers

PatriciaG April 16, 2015

Thanks for replying to my post. I said ‘presumably’ referring to the notification scheme configuration because it seems obvious from visual inspection that the scheme *is* configured to notify every role of every event (my insecurity stems from the fact that all I know about JIRA agile is essentially based on trial and error)

We do *not* have other projects that are notifying correctly. However, I should mention that notifications are being received for comments made on stories/sub-tasks although *not* for ‘move’ events.  I did  in fact try the notification helper to figure out why certain issues don’t send out notifications, and all I got from it was that the particular person/issue I chose were configured to actually receive these notifications L.

Anyway, as you said, we may possibly have to contact Attlassian support about this problem. Thanks again,

Suggest an answer