to JIRA INsight How to create a label, but please detail.

Christian Wille June 22, 2022

I want to creat a custom label with a barcode for assets in jira insight. Haw can i do it and also the qr-code printing is also not explained, it shows a new example image of an qr code but it is not clear how jira uses this to generate the code also the editor dont allow me to position the label exactly

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Wille June 24, 2022

We don't use the cloud version, I'm able to create a label but only from the standard and there is no explanation what all the possible commands are there and how even a 1D barcode is created.

What I also didn't find appropriate here is that the cloud version and the data center version are so different because there is no cloud, just a computer in someone else's data center, all this cloud talk is extremely overused.

JIRA and Insight is a good idea, but the implementation is very superficial. All the help is also written very superficially, why do I have to reinvent the wheel at Insight, it's as if someone sold me a car and delivered all the parts individually in boxes and gave me the freedom to mount the seat in the engine compartment, it can not be that there is a reasonable ready-made template including known good best practice examples. Everyone who wants to use this software wants 90% of the same ticket system with automatic asset connection, recording in Insight, should be done using simple input masks that are practice-oriented, but no, even if I enter assets, I still have to define complicated fields myself and without profi jira admin you can't get it bent, simple calculations like in Excel that I automatically license counting doesn't work, I buy an asset management system and then it has to be ready and not empty and I have to write everything myself Tables logically linked status fields the list is endless

0 votes
Henric Andersson June 23, 2022

Cloud edition of Jira Service Manager with Insight doesn't seem to support templates, only data center one :( which makes this a pretty useless feature

Suggest an answer