sub-tasks in a rapid board

Raf December 13, 2013

hi,

testing the cloud based Jira solution.

in a rapid board, it seems that support for sub-tasks is very limited. when the task and sub-tasks are in the same workflow step, it is nicely indented so there is some grouping.. but as soon as sub-task or parent task is moved to another step in the workflow, there is no grouping..

for example moving the parent task should move the sub-tasks, instead they all need to be moved manually. additionally when they are in different stages they should be grouped better (i.e. a bigger box of parent task with smaller sub tasks within it, this is the way it was in greenhopper)

is it possible to improve the view of tasks / sub-tasks?

2 answers

0 votes
Raf December 15, 2013

i tried that.. but it doesn't appear to change the sub-tasks behavior.. it just limits how many items are within that lane?

for example i can still move the parent task around w/out affecting the sub-tasks.. they all act as totally separate entities with the marginal benefit of grouping/indentation if they're all on the same workflow step

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2013

Stories swimlanes might be something that works for you. It will have the parent issue as the swimlane and all the sub-taks appearing below the swimlane. May want to refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Configuring+Swimlanes

Suggest an answer