status vs. resolution. How can I show the resolution popup on transitions?

jh August 22, 2012

Hello,

I am using Greenhopper 6 including the Greenhopper simplified Workflow. Here is my column configuration:
http://screenshot.ivi-solutions.com/2012-08-23_0958.png

What I would like is, that if I move tasks to either of the first two columns to remove the resolution. If it is moved to either of the other 4 columns, the task is basically solved, so resolution should be set to resolved or one of those statuses. In the Kanban board using classic transitions, I can show the popup to choose resolution, add a comment etc..., I would like that also.

One additional thing: If it has been set resolved, it should not ask again for the window. So if I move it between the 4 columns, I don't need to see the popup again. In the wirst case, I would move it first to review column before moving it further, if that is not possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, JH

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

Hi Jan,

It sounds like you've outgrown the simplified workflow. The purpose of the simplified workflow is to help users get started building their board quickly, when you're looking for more advanced outcomes like this you are at the point where you should migrate back to a normal JIRA workflow.

So I'd copy the GreenHopper simplified workflow to a new workflow, configure it as you describe above, then migrate the issues to use the new workflow.

Thanks,
Shaun

jh August 23, 2012

Thanks, that sounds reasonable. I have been hoping it's possible this way, as I feel configuring the workflow manually is really uncomfortable and time consuming. BUT: Your hint might do it perfectly: Copy the current workflow. I'll give it a try this way, and will certainly solve it even if it's the long way :-)

PS: Thanks for providing Greenhopper, awesom tool!!!

Suggest an answer