simplified workflow - issues keep resolution "unresolved" even with status "resolved" or "closed"

Heiner Billich December 16, 2012

Hello,

I use Greenhopper's simplified workflow with a kanaban board. When I move issues to the "Done" column they get status "resolved" or "closed" but still have resolution="unresolved".

Probably due to this:

The issue numbers don't get displayed with strike-through and the resolved or closed issues don't show up in for example the "Created vs. Resolved" Dashboard gadget.

This is confusing, having issues with status=resolved and resolution=unresolved seems bad. Can we fix this behaviour?

The cumulative flow diagram for the board shows the issue counts correctly.

We use Jira v5.1.6 with Greenhopper v6.0.7

Best regards,

Heiner Billich

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2012

Hi Heiner,

This is probably because you have converted default JIRA workflow to Simplified Workflow. If you are creating a project from scratch then there is no that kind of problem. By default there's a post function set to Done transition. It will set resolution field ID = 6.

To fix this you need to edit the post function. I know that you should see an error that the workflow should not be edited manually but this is the only option. You need to know that modifying the workflow could break some default behavior. However, modifying the post function or add a screen to transition should not affect the rapid board.

If this is not the case you can look also at this KB article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Unable+to+set+issues+to+Resolved+using+Greenhopper+Simplified+Workflow

I hope that will help.

Regards,

Mirek

Olivier Orlow November 18, 2014

I would love to read the KB article but can't get access to it. Do you have another link for it? Thanks Olivier

0 votes
James Sullivan December 17, 2013

I'm having the same problem. I have a project and used the software development template and for some reason when issues are marked as done they are still unresolved. This is confusing and makes the filters difficult to use. I actually can't run a report that I can tell summarizing what is resolved or not.

Angela Deng August 3, 2018

Hi! Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm experiencing the same thing, and can't seem to figure out a solution. The confluence documentations above are also no longer available. 

Any assistance would be super helpful, thank you!!! 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2018

It's still what Mirek said - set the resolution in the workflow, either with a screen or post-function.

Laura Delnevo December 10, 2018

Can someone please explain how to do this? Is there a step by step guide? It's quite bad that the default workflow does this btw, shouldn't Atlassian being fixing this?

Laura Delnevo December 10, 2018

This happens to me with Scrum board btw. It's not only for Kanban

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

Suggest an answer