simple question, seeking a simple answer or I trash the whole free trial

Stuart Kidney February 6, 2021

I have a card - it is a card to name a project that has goals and tasks for the goals to be attained.  

how do I enter it? 

I named the card with the "goal" name

I entered a task to accomplish the "goal" 

the task has subtasks (parent-child).  

none of this stuff posts, displays in hierarchy form.  

this should take about 5 minutes to do 

please be specific, exact and accurate in your response. 

3 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2021

Hi Stuart - I would actually start out with the Goal being an Epic, and then add the Tasks or steps under each Epic. Then if you need to further break down the Task, then you can do it with Sub-tasks. 

0 votes

LOL.  I got the subtasks entered (supposedly they are parent child) but they ALL appear coequal on the "Projects" drop down menu (that is a #fail) there should be 3 major (what I call #goals) and the 'child' tasks should be clustered around the appropriate #goals (3 of em) .  Nothing displays as entered, it's just one bowl of soup with everything thrown in. 

Back to Excel. 

0 votes

GOAL: Enjoy a drink of Pepsi and return the bottle for the deposit paid earlier

Tasks: [ummmm ...there are 3 of them!, listed in hierarchical order of course!) 

[1] ARRIVE AT  STORE THAT SELLS PEPSI 

[subtask] SELECT PEPSI DRINK REQUIRING RETURN OF BOTTLE FOR DEPOSIT

[subtask] pay for Pepsi 

[subtask] leave Store

[2] DRINK THE PEPSI 

[3] RETURN BOTTLE TO APPROPRIATE LOCATION TO RECEIVE 5 cents for return of deposit

[subtask] go to location during operating hours

[subtask] turn in bottle

[subtask] receive 5 cent return of deposit

comment; this stuff is easy, intuitive and all the menu options and icons should have HELP attached so an intelligent person like me can do this is in about 5 minutes the very first time I attempt it.  Flowcharts of data entry sorting reporting< editing and deleting>>>all  this crap should be easily visible the first time you use a software interface> 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events