set a standard backlog to recycle for each project

Saman - June 18, 2012

Hi,

I am wondering if its possible to set a standard backlog which i can copy (use) for same kind of projects?

For example: I have to manage couple of different projects while some backlog items are still the same, if if have to define these backlog items every and each time it will cost me a lot of time.

Thanks in advance!

BR

3 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

Ok I understand now. You often create a new project and then populate it with about 20 items to start. This is relatively easy to do using the JIRA Command Line Interface . You can use the run action with a file that contains createProject and createIssue actions (or other actions as well). An alternative is to use the cloneProject action if you have a template project.

Saman - June 26, 2012

Thanks for the help. I am currently using ON DEMAND version, is this also possible with my current version?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012

Yes, CLI works with OnDemand.

0 votes
Saman - June 19, 2012

the projects we work on contain several standard (same) tasks, like for example:

story 1: installation

story 2: implementing design

story 3: testing

Story 4: etc...

there are some 20 tasks (strories/issues) which we have undertake during each project while they are all the same. It will cost me a lot of time to add all those stories each time i create a new project. So i am wondering if there is a way to fill the backlog with those steps each time a project is created. Or anyother workaround...

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2012

Could you explain your question a bit more? Are you creating a new project and want some standard issue in them? What do you mean by "set a standard backlog"?

Suggest an answer