search issues on jira which are not linked from a certain confluence page (jql)

Manuel November 28, 2022

I'm trying to put together a "known bugs" page in confluence.

How can I search with jira issue search for all bugs which are NOT linked from this page yet?

Jira has a field "linked issues" ... was searching for anything similar for pages.

My ideas is anything like:

project = "P" AND type = "Bug" AND statusCategory = "TO DO" AND ???linkedPage??? NOT IN ("https://example.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/...") priority DESC

Relating question on Stackoverflow  

2 answers

0 votes
mauricio.groth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Manuel 

As you're on Jira Cloud, the correct answer is to get an app that provides JQL extensions you're looking for.

With standard JQL, you can only get a list of issues and export them to Excel for further processing. This works if you want to do a one-off analysis. If your use case is more dynamic than that, look beyond standard Jira.

Standard JQL doesn't easily allow it, but you can quickly find the results using our professional indexing service JQL Search Extensions

You can use this query to find your bugs that don’t have the specific web linked with them.

remoteLinkUrl not in ("https://example.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/...") and project = "P" AND type = "Bug" AND statusCategory = "TO DO" priority DESC

Check out the documentation for more examples.

If you have any other questions, please contact our support. We’ll be happy to help you!
Best regards,
Maurício

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Manuel 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to run JQL queries to search on Web links of issues.

Suggest an answer