restrict logging of time on parent items (like story) however allowing them on the child items

Ankur Dayal February 8, 2018

We want to restrict logging of time on parent items (like story) however allowing them on the child items (liek sub-task of a story).

I have created separate workflows for Story and Sub-tasks. I tried to add a property "jira.permission.work.denied" with value "denied" in my Story workflow. It worked as desired by restricting entry of time on the story, however it also restricted entry of time on the sub-task although as I mentioned above i have a separate workflow defined for sub-tasks which does not have the property "jira.permission.work.denied".

Can you please help me in understanding what is it that I am doing wrong here?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2018

Dear @Ankur Dayal,

it seems that the sub-task workflow inherit the property of the parent - could be a bug or by design.

Try to add one of following properties to the sub-task workflow:

"jira.permission.subtasks.work.projectrole" "<one of your roles>"

"jira.permission.subtasks.work.group" "<one of your groups>"

Eventually you have to apply this also to the story workflow - because of this inherit mechanism.

So long

Thomas

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2018

Dear @Ankur Dayal,

could you give my solution a try? Was it successful?

So long

Thomas

Ankur Dayal February 13, 2018

Thanks for your reply @Thomas Deiler. I did give your suggestion a try but it did not work out for me.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2018

Dear @Ankur Dayal,

then I have no clue - eventually it is really a bug. Best you contact the Atlassian Support.

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer