resolution options to revert back workflow changes

Manali Butey May 5, 2021

I created 2 new projects along with each I got 2 software simplified workflow. There are multiple other workflows that exist in the system. I modified the 2 i got to suit my requirements. Modification included editing the status, transition and where required creating new statues. I then moved on to create other workflows for specific issue types by copying one of the 2 software simplified workflow.  In total i ended up with 16 workflows including the 2 software simplified workflows. 
These changes have caused statues on other workflows to change and has impacted mostly all projects. I understand now that changes to a copied workflow changes original and vice versa. Unfortunately, I did not backup any of them. I do not care about the new 16 workflow but need the others to go back to what they were. I also do not know how many other workflows have been impacted. 

What are my options here to resolve this issue?
1. change the 2 software simplified workflow back to original ? But in this case I do not understand what the original is. If is started copying and changing status from the s/w simplified workflow that were created for the projects that I created then how has it changed all other workflows?
2. Would deleting all the 16 workflows help ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hello @Manali Butey ,

If A Status is edited --> The change is reflected in all the workflows which using that "Status".

Reverting all workflows is not possible.

Create a Test environment by using the production.

If you enabled daily backups. Please restore the Latest backup which consists of all the workflow's initial statuses. (Before the 2 new projects created Backup).

Restore the backup.

Note: This will replace the current existing issue/projects / Workflows and all with the old backup. if any changes happened after the backup file created all will be lost.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Manali Butey May 8, 2021

Hi @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH  - Thanks for your response. I ended up re tracking my steps using the audit log and identified the global statues names that I had changed. After some further work, I reverted the status name to the original For verification, I took a before and after count of workflows associated with the statuses in question as well as issue counts. 

Suggest an answer