rapid board - filter backlog 'on the fly' using JQL

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2012

Hi,

I'm working on the planning of our product, and I'm looking for an easy way to do adhoc queries in the backlog.

The 'quick search' box next the quick filters allows to filter using a content filter which is already great, but it doesn't allow me to enter a jql such as 'component = frontend' and so on

Adapting the configuration for each separate query is too cumbersome.

2 answers

1 vote
Rachel Fenn July 1, 2015

This is a really necessary feature when doing backlog grooming. We are given this beautiful view for the backlog but then you can't find anything on it because you can't use a JQL query. If the search box just allowed JQL queries then it would do any live filtering you wanted. I can't find a feature request for this, can anyone point me to one?

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

You need to go to the issues menu, saved filters show under favorite Filters, so saved rapid board filters show here. Saved filters can also be accessed via Manage Filters.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2012

The question is - How do you do this from the rapid board, such that the backlog is displaying the issues of your query, without the need to reconfigure the rapid board filter ...

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

For me it's easier and quicker to go edit the saved filter...

Suggest an answer