"You do not have permission to edit the following issues"

Joel Parker May 22, 2013

Does anyone know what might cause the following error when dragging an issue to an Epic or Version on the Greenhopper Rapid Board?

"You do not have permission to edit the following issues: ID1, ID2"

The user has the Developer role for the project, using the default permission scheme, and can open the issue in JIRA and modify fields directly (Fix Version, etc.)

3 answers

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013
0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2013

Hi Joel,

Just to add on, you might want to check whether or not the user has the 'Schedule Issues' permission as well.

Joel Parker May 23, 2013

Unfortunately he has that one as well! There's something strange happening specifically with GreenHopper that I don't understand. Let me see if I can gather more details.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Hi Joel, could you try adding the Move Issue permission to the developer? There's some doc here that could help on this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Transitioning+an+Issue

Joel Parker May 23, 2013

According to the Permission Helper, he already has it:

"Status:UserX has the 'Move Issues' permission"

Suggest an answer