"Teams" field value metadata in Jira

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2022

When I use a team from this list in a filter Jira changes the name of the team to a number. For example, the JQL

project = CENTRALDEV AND  "Team[Team]" = CDVPT

will become

project = CENTRALDEV AND  "Team[Team]" = 9

The filters work fine, but if I want to check to make sure a filter is using the right team I need to know that CDVPT is record 9 in the field’s table. Writing a filter for multiple values is more difficult, since the values for the teams look like this:

project = CENTRALDEV AND "Team[Team]" in (18, 9, 8,14)

Is there a place where I can see the text of the Team name and the number value it is associated with? 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2023

Hi @Scott Theus 

Just in case you're still looking for an answer to this, I find it easiest just to use JQL to check this.

There's no location on the UI that I know of which displays this mapping.

The alternative would be to:

• Create a custom text field to put the Team name in
  • Use Automation to populate the field when a Team is added/changed
  • Use this to make checks, or use in your JQL Query / filter results

Let us know if the Automation Rule is of interest, and if you need further instructions to implement it :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events