"Single" project automation in Jira Standard

Sokratis Kontos June 15, 2022

Based on budget limitations I might need to move from premium to standard in order to get more licenses for the same cost. 

I understand that I will loose global automation that gives me the ability to activate the same rule across multiple projects.
But what does Atlassian means by single project automation, in Jira standard? Is it only for one project?
Makes more sense that I will still be able to use rules in all my projects but I will just have to create them every time I create a new project. Right?

Is there a limit to how many executions I can have per single project? And I mean executions of a rule created only for a single project?

(I know about limit of 500 executions of global rules in Jira standard)

Thank you 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sokratis Kontos June 20, 2022

Atlassian response

You can use single project rules for all your projects with no limits.

In a single project automation rule, you can only create automation rules for a specific project. If you want to make the same rules for other projects, you’ll need to create them separately

2 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Geia sou Sokrati,

Jira automation have certain limits, which you can read here https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/automation-service-limits/

These limits are common for all plans. According to this:

Customers on Free and Standard plans have access to a limited monthly trial allotment of global and multi project rule executions (100 and 500 per month, respectively).

you will have global and multi-project automations even on Standard plan. I can also confirm that on a free instance I have, I can create a such rules. However if such a move is imminent, I would consider getting an official response from Atlassian (support.atlassian.com/contact)

Regards,

Alex

Sokratis Kontos June 16, 2022

Geia sou Alex,

Thanks for the response.

My question is not about global rules in Standard plan but the "single project" automation Atlassian is referring to.

I know there are limited global rules in Standard but I don't care about that. We would reach 500 executions in no time.

I just need to know how automation (not global) is defined in Standard plan and what is it's limitation if any.

I will definitely reach out to support as I need an official response before I move to Standard. When I get it I will post it here for anyone else that might have the same question.

Regards
Sokratis

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2022

Reach out to atlassian for sure, but automation limitations are these -> https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/automation-service-limits/

Like Sokratis Kontos likes this
Manas Rao August 4, 2022

@Sokratis Kontos Hi, were you able find the execution order limit for a single project?

Sokratis Kontos August 5, 2022

Hello @Manas Rao 

Apologies. Forgot to update the thread for everyone else.

Well, this is Atlassian's response:

"

Hi Sokratis,

Your understanding is correct. You can use single project rules for all your projects with no limits.

In a single project automation rule, you can only create automation rules for a specific project. If you want to make the same rules for other projects, you’ll need to create them separately.

You may use the support document below for your reference.
Create and edit Jira automation rules "

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events