"Search for issue" feature finds tickets with the searched text

Raúl Cuevas González August 1, 2017

Hello, 

I'm searching some issues using feature "Search for issues", but the received results are not exacts, and I don't uderstand why.

I'm trying to find all issues with "Japan" text in anyeplace, but, in the list of results I can see some issues where Japan doesn't appear at all, neither in old values of their fields.

Is there a log detailing in which place of the filtered issues the searched word appear? Or is there a log detailing why this issue is shown in the results?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

Raul,

I have never seen 'false positives' when doing text searches but that is not to say they do not exist. With that said I'm unsure how the community can assist w/o more info, e.g. seeing a result of an issue that is beleived to be a false positive. It may be that you will need to open a support ticket w/ Atlassian and allow them to log into your instance and observe. How often are you seeing this? Is every search resulting in some false positives? Are you sure you have looked thru all comments, fields, etc?

Raúl Cuevas González August 2, 2017

Hello, 

We have discovered it luckily. We were no testing the functionality.

Doing more checks, now, it seems that it really finds the word "Japan", becasue if I search for word "apan", searcher finds 0 issues. So, the searcher finds full words, and it is finding that word in those issues. By the way, there are only 2 issues with this problem, for the moment.

I have searched the word "Japan" in the content of the issue, expanding tab "All" of section "Activity", which should show absolutely all fields values that have been typed at any moment after the issue creation. And it doesn't appear...

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer