"OAuth mismatch" when trying to integrate Jira with Confluence

Velvet December 13, 2020

Hello,

I'm new to Atlassian but loving it so far. When I try to integrate Jira with Confleunce however I get an "OAuth mismatch" error when trying to link both together in Application Links. The outgoing connections are OAuth while the ingoing connections are OAuth (impersonation) and I can't change them no matter what I do. I'm an admin on both services. Been following documentation and trying to google a solution but nothing helps, would appreciate if someone knows what to do!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2020

Hello @Velvet

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Can you please confirm if both applications (Jira and Confluence) are on different sites?

The error you're facing usually happens when you try to create an application link for two products (Jira and Confluence) on the same site. By default, an Application link is created automatically when you have both Jira and Confluence on the same site (The applink appears as "System Confluence"), so you can not create a new app link between them:

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 16.10.53.png

In fact, the application links functionality is meant to be used when you want to link an external instance/site (be it a Server or Cloud one), as two products from the same site are automatically linked.

If the link displayed in the screenshot above is properly created and both products are on the same site, your Confluence and Jira application are already linked and you can pull data from your Jira application by using the native macros present in Confluence (for example /jira or /filter results) or link Jira issues to Confluence pages by typing their issue key directly on the pages. For more details and integration options, check the documentation below:

Use Jira and Confluence together 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Velvet December 26, 2020

Thank you so extremely much! Missed that Confluence and Jira was already linked!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events