"JIRA's base URL is set to undefined" popup in wallbard

After upgrading to 7.7 form 7.6.* a popup with "JIRA's base URL is set to undefined" started to appear on wallboard and only wallboard.

I verified that base Base URL is properly set.

No proxy setup just plain IP address on port 80 and a corresponding DNS record. 

Any hints how to rid this message off?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

There is a bug ticket for this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66757

I am not sure what you mean by "just plain ip address on port 80 and a corresponding DNS record".  You only need one thing in there - the single url your users will be using Jira with.

Could you explain exactly what you have in there?

It is a single URL case. The configuration that worked smoothly until v7.7.

Can you check the context setting in <jira install>/conf/server.xml ?  The upgrade may have stripped out the setting if you've used it.

It seems that all Meta.get('server-port'), Meta.get('base-url') are undefiend on Wallboard web page

Tom, I'm having the same issue after updating to the 7.7. The base URL is set correctly but the pop up appears when looking at issues > export > printable. Prior to 7.7 this hasn't been an issue and our Context path hasn't changed since the update.

I have the same issue after updating to 7.7.0. The base URL is correct and so is the conf/server.xml context setting.

I am also having this problem, with the Hyfy extension.  Since it's a new extension for my server, I don't know if it worked prior to 7.7, but I get the error message constantly when setting up the inbound application link, and the app doesn't work.

I'm having the same issue as Ryan. Issues > export > printable throws up this error since upgrading to 7.7.0

we´ve got the same error after upgrading 7.6.x to 7.7.1

actually we see the message in the wallboards

I do have this issue too.

having the same issue on my side implementing v7.8

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66757

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,456 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you