"JIRA's base URL is set to undefined" popup in wallbard

Tomasz Kosinski January 16, 2018

After upgrading to 7.7 form 7.6.* a popup with "JIRA's base URL is set to undefined" started to appear on wallboard and only wallboard.

I verified that base Base URL is properly set.

No proxy setup just plain IP address on port 80 and a corresponding DNS record. 

Any hints how to rid this message off?

4 answers

2 votes
NCATS LAB February 13, 2018

There is a bug ticket for this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66757

1 vote
Steven Villanueva April 24, 2018

having the same issue on my side implementing v7.8

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66757

0 votes
Marques Butilla July 15, 2019

Having same issue on v. 7.8, is there a workaround without having to upgrade Jira?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

I am not sure what you mean by "just plain ip address on port 80 and a corresponding DNS record".  You only need one thing in there - the single url your users will be using Jira with.

Could you explain exactly what you have in there?

Tomasz Kosinski January 16, 2018

It is a single URL case. The configuration that worked smoothly until v7.7.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

Can you check the context setting in <jira install>/conf/server.xml ?  The upgrade may have stripped out the setting if you've used it.

Tomasz Kosinski January 19, 2018

It seems that all Meta.get('server-port'), Meta.get('base-url') are undefiend on Wallboard web page

Ryan Luckinbill February 5, 2018

Tom, I'm having the same issue after updating to the 7.7. The base URL is set correctly but the pop up appears when looking at issues > export > printable. Prior to 7.7 this hasn't been an issue and our Context path hasn't changed since the update.

Federico Molari February 6, 2018

I have the same issue after updating to 7.7.0. The base URL is correct and so is the conf/server.xml context setting.

Will Sargent February 9, 2018

I am also having this problem, with the Hyfy extension.  Since it's a new extension for my server, I don't know if it worked prior to 7.7, but I get the error message constantly when setting up the inbound application link, and the app doesn't work.

NCATS LAB February 13, 2018

I'm having the same issue as Ryan. Issues > export > printable throws up this error since upgrading to 7.7.0

Ulrich Huber February 19, 2018

we´ve got the same error after upgrading 7.6.x to 7.7.1

actually we see the message in the wallboards

Deleted user March 8, 2018

I do have this issue too.

Suggest an answer