"Icons For Jira" addon is incompatible after upgrading to Jira 8.12

YARON LEVY November 12, 2020

My Client has upgraded Jira to 8.12
Icons For Jira ( CodeBarrel) has stop functioning (incompatibility, even though on the release noted mention it is compatible)
Could you offer a solution?
maybe a query for extracting data from DB:
for ex. Jira key -------- Icons field value.
That will help us to restore the data into a regular single select field.

Thank you

4 answers

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

Hi @YARON LEVY ,

While the Icons for Jira app is unsupported, we have tested it against Jira 8.15 and marked it as compatible on Marketplace. This will remove any warnings in the plugin manager about incompatibility if you had the app installed on Jira 8.6 thru 8.15 (including 8.12 as you mentioned). It is possible to manually install apps that haven't been marked as compatible, or upgrade Jira with apps still installed that haven't been tested against that version of Jira. My expectation is that this app should have functioned correctly if installed, but would show the "Incompatible" warning flag in the plugin manager.

That should be corrected now as the app is listed as compatible with the most recent Jira release today, 8.15.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

0 votes
João Bispo dos Santos Filho January 23, 2023

Hi,

@Daniel Eads  

I can go to the current version of Jira 9.5.1, this version is incompatible 8.16.0 , Can help me please.

Awaiting

João Bispo 

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

if it was running before and marketplaye says the version is compatible, you should open a ventor ticket at codebarrel

YARON LEVY November 15, 2020

No more Code Barrels. 

Atlassian apparently bought them.

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Hey @YARON LEVY ,

I'm curious where you read that it would be compatible?

The only thing I can find on the marketplace is an app (now from Atlassian) https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214988/icons-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview  which is only compatible up to 8.5.9

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2020

So.. open a case with Atlassian (https://support.atlassian.com/contact/)

Just to see if they can make it compatible. But like I said, marketplace does not list it as compatible. So makes sense it doesn’t work

YARON LEVY November 23, 2020

Atlassian has sent me here.....

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2020

Well that doesn't make sense..

Do you have a valid support contract? Did you send you here through a ticket or you found a link to here?

Suggest an answer