"Fake" profile in backlog

siebren_meines December 14, 2022

In our jira, there is a "fake" user that is only visible in the backlog, but is not visible in the users of the organisation, so it is impossible to remove the account from our organisation. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
siebren_meines December 16, 2022

I have finally solved this issue. The "ghost" accounts still had tasks in closed epics. Removing these tasks / assigning them to other team members ultimately made them disappear from our Jira. 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

I suspect your user is not fake, but simply de-activated.  This means it can't log in, and can't be selected from, but if it has been used (reporter, assignee, user picker, etc) will still appear there.

Forget the organisation, log in as an admin and go look at the list of users - do they appear in there?

I did this, they do not appear in the list of users, also not in the deactivated or suspended users. 

0 votes
Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

@siebren_meines what do you mean by the fake user? A user outside of the organization? The backlog section is for uncompleted stories/bug/tasks, it does not gives you user related info.

There is a "user" that is not linked to an account, but it doesn't show up in the users section in the organisation settings, it just shows up in the users in the backlog section of Jira. It has the same name as one of our real users,  which is annoying with assigning of tasks, because sometimes tasks are accidentally assigned to this "fake person". 

So I don't know how to delete it, because it just appears in the users in the backlog section, not in the organisation users. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events