"Done" issues not appearing in the Done column of Kanban Board

Lindsey Jensen December 9, 2022

I have a Project Management Kanban board, on which several tasks were moved to the "Done" status about a month ago. While looking at the list of issues I can see them, but they don't appear in the Done column on the kanban board. I don't have any custom filters set up for this board. How can I make my completed issues stay in the Done column?

Thank you! 

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Thanks @Benjamin and @Dave Mathijs ! I can't find where I would edit a subfilter or map the done issues to the done column. I've attached screenshots of the locations where it looks like I can adjust settings - am I looking in the right place?

Thanks again! 

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Thanks for sharing the screen shot. The team managed projects are setup where the done columns keeps the issues for 2 weeks.

There's a similar post here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Work-Management-Questions/How-long-does-an-issue-stay-in-the-Done-column-in-Jira-Work/qaq-p/2025461

If you would like it longer, it maybe better to setup a company managed project. This will allow you to configure this. Attach is how you would configure this if you have a company managed Kanban project created.

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 10.56.35 AM.png

Like Michael_C_Weihrauch likes this

Thank you @Benjamin !  I appreciate the follow through in showing how this can be configured for a company managed project, I'll be using that project type moving forward. 

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
0 votes

board filters.pngmore settings menu.pngproject settings menu.png

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

@Lindsey Jensen ,

Check if your sub-filter on the Kanban board. Sometimes the Kansan board is set to like 2-4 weeks. This is reduce the number of issues in that column because overtime ...the column could have a lot of issues. 

-Ben

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2022

Hi @Lindsey Jensen are your 'Done' issues mapped to the 'Done' column in the board settings? You cannot have unmapped statuses.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events