"Create User" is not an option

Neale Wooten January 3, 2020

I need to create a user for integration purposes and won't have an email box.  The documentation says to use the "Create User" option but that's not available on what I see.  Under User Management I see Users, Groups and Access requests.

1. Select  User Management.
  2. In the User browser, click Create User.

2 answers

0 votes
Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2020

Hi @Neale Wooten 

So you need to create a dummy user with some email which is not the original email address,

if that is your question? then i might say in jira cloud you need to create a user with an appropriate mail address only, because the mail will be sent to the user in order to access the Jira Cloud. 

I am not sure in how to share the invitation URL on Jira Cloud because i haven't seen any options to share the invitation URL. 

Neale Wooten January 5, 2020

@Ganesh Babu ,  That's exactly the scenario and the documentation says there is a "Create User" option to do just that but I don't see it in my configuration.  Either the documentation is wrong or my options are not setup correctly.

This is a common use case for any middelware that would be use for integrations.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

You should see “Invite users” as below

AD5709F5-75DF-41C3-827D-9C2A08577FA7.jpeg

Neale Wooten January 3, 2020

I do see that but the documentation says I can use a "Create User" option in order to set the email and username to be different values.

This ID is only needed for integration purposes so there won't be an email box associated with it and it didn't let me reuse an email address either so I'm kind of stuck.

Like Salman Zafar likes this

Suggest an answer