"Attachments": A user connot add, read, download

Claudio Cherchi July 1, 2021

Hi everyone,
my team is using Jira Cloud.
The attachments are on (System) and the permissions for the user, belonging to a group, are granted.
Basically, everyone can download and see the attachments but one single user cannot.
Once more, the user belongs to the same group as other colleagues. The group has access and control over the attachments.
We tried to log off and log in. We tried to remove and reintroduce the access to Jira.
We tried to add the single person into the permission "Create Attachments".

None of the experiments mentioned and not mentioned worked.

Do you have any suggestions?
Did someone have the same kind of issue?

Thank you in advance.
Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

@Claudio Cherchi , do you already use permission helper to see if the user has the corrects permission ?

Some similar cases that I faced like this, were solved using a browser without browser add-ons (like adblock and similar (or even disabling them for your instance domain))
Some browser add-ons can hide the attachment div.

Claudio Cherchi July 1, 2021

Hi Carlos,
thank you for your answer.
We tried and checked.
The permissions are set, up and running and the browsers used have no add-ons.

Looks like we have to try to delete the account and create a new as extrema ratio.
We really do not see any solution and this is frustrating. this happened after some new feature was released.

Thanks once again Carlos.

Cheers.

Carlos Faddul
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2021

@Claudio Cherchii will suggest to try open a ticket for atlassian instead delete the user.

Once deleted, you will loose ALL the track of this particular user (always disable the users).

Claudio Cherchi July 2, 2021

I'll do it.

Thank you Carlos :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders