"Agile Scrum Planning Poker for Jira", the participants dropdown is empty.

Lesa Miller February 3, 2022

I installed "Agile Scrum Planning Poker for Jira" but the participants dropdown is empty.  There isn't any documentation on this issue that I have found.  Is anyone using this app?  Can you help a new Jira user out?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2022

Hi @Lesa Miller -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First thing, I am not using that addon...

This appears to be a for-purchase addon, so I recommend contacting their support team directly for this one: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224759/agile-scrum-planning-poker-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=support

Kind regards,
Bill

Lesa Miller February 4, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy
I submitted a ticket a couple days ago, but have not received a response.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2022

Hi Lesa,

While you are waiting for the vendor to answer...I took a look at their documentation page: https://docs.devsamurai.com/scrum-planning-poker/Games.1747288073.html

It appears they are looking for "team members" in their participant list setting.  Perhaps check your project settings > people to see if everyone for the game has at least the "Team Members" role.  People can have multiple roles so try adding just one person first to see if that helps, then add others if it works.

If that does not help, you may need to wait for an answer from the vendor.

Thanks,
Bill

Like Tam _DevSamurai_ likes this
Lesa Miller February 7, 2022

Hi Bill, 

Everyone has at least one role set. I've reviewed the documentation and I don't see anything about the permissions drop down.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2022

Hi Lesa,

I didn't find that field in the documentation either...I was just guessing based upon their help language that people needed to have the specific role of "Team Members" selected to appear in the dropdown list.  If that doesn't help you will need to wait to hear from their support team.

Thanks,
Bill

Lesa Miller February 11, 2022

@Bill Sheboy I got to work with with support on this.  The issue was the email was not enabled, and something about our sandbox that was not set up correct to pull in assignees.  I'll have to talk to our consultant that set it up.  Thank you for the ideas!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2023

Thanks a lot @Bill Sheboy for answering this question.

1 vote
Lex Kovalenko _Appfire_ February 11, 2022

Hi @Lesa Miller 

I have a side question if I may: why have you chosen "Agile Scrum Planning Poker for Jira" among all the other poker solutions on the marketplace?

Lesa Miller February 11, 2022

Hi @Lex Kovalenko _Appfire_ the ones I looked into it said the stories needed to be part of a sprint to be pulled in to be sized, we size from the backlog.  Our Engineering director liked this UI, and cost. 

Would you have other apps that you like and would suggest?  

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2022

Hi @Lex Kovalenko _Appfire_ 

As you appear to be a vendor of a competitor product from Spartez Software, please consider immediately disclosing that in your posts about recommendations.  That would be aligned with the Atlassian Community online guidelines for Marketplace and Solution Partners.  Please look here for more information: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Atlassian-Community-online-guidelines-for-Marketplace-and/ba-p/689723

Thanks, and kind regards,
Bill

Like # people like this
Björn Brynjar Jónsson February 11, 2022

Hi @Lesa Miller, cc @Bill Sheboy  

On your question about other app suggestions! 

You might want to consider Smart Guess for Planning Poker, allowing your team to give an estimate directly from the issue, backlog, roadmap - regardless of whether the story is in a sprint or not. 

It is different from other tools because you don't have to set up anything. Just so that you know I am the Smart Guess product manager. We decided to build the tool to teams simplify their story estimation.

I hope you find a solution that works well for you!

Have a great weekend

Björn Brynjar

@Lesa Miller thank you for your answer! 

As for the recommendations, there are numerous great Planning Poker apps on the marketplace, each provides a unique value proposition. I'd rather skip recommending without knowing your requirements, plus I might be biased since I represent another vendor, Appfire :) 

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Since I'm here for learnings, not promotion, I don't think that's applicable. 

In any case, it might be a good idea to update the profile, thanks!

0 votes
Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Lesa Miller I am the PO of AgileBox (Former Agile Scrum Planning Poker)

Apology for the issue and the delay of support ticket. I believe that our Support Team already helped you to resolve the issue. If you have any urgent issue please reach us at atlassian@devsamurai.com

The app evolved a lot since last year, the planning poker feature is much better and works more stable. Also we added Retrospectives and Daily Standup and renamed the app to AgileBox. We will keep adding more useful tools to support Agile Teams more productive.

Thanks,

Tam

0 votes
Matthieu Poupard -Klaxoon-
Marketplace Partner
December 5, 2022

Hi @Lesa Miller

I'd be curious to hear if you ever considered running those poker planning sessions using a digital whiteboard rather than a specific add-on?

A lot of the collaborative whiteboards out there (including us) offer Poker Planning templates which you can connect with your favorite Jira board.

Suggest an answer