question about "assign to first member of role"

For the post function of assigning an issue to the first member of a given role, how do we do this is the person in question is not the first person alphabetically? When adding people to role assignments, the list is sorted alphabetically and cannot seem to be altered.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

There is no defined sequence for roles in datetime order. As a workaround I would propose to create a separate role with one member and add first member to that role.

Then what is the purpose of the script for "assign to the first member of the <x> role"? I was under the impression that it used the first name listed in the role (speaking in terms of order of names, not datetime of the names addition to the role).

Alexy, I used your suggested solution. It still seems like a work-around to me than an actual solution. But it works fine. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,517 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you