querying sprint issues gets different results

Hartmut Boekhoff September 5, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to build an App that shows all the issues in a sprint plus sone extra issues. While researching for the best way to request the issues I found, that different queries deliver different results

1. using the agile-API:

.../rest/agile/1.0/board/282/sprint/745/issue  

gets 24 issues in the sprint.This result looks Ok

2. using search-API

.../rest/api/2/search/?jqlQuery=sprint+%3D+754

gets 50 issues out of 28450 total

this is definitely wrong

3. using the standard search with the same JQL query

.../issues/?jql=sprint %3D 754

finds 23 issues

which result is right and how can I tweak the second (search via rest API) to deliver the correct result?

3 answers

0 votes
Hartmut Boekhoff September 5, 2017

Thanks Warren!

the *jql* parameter did the trick.

With that correction, I get 24 issues from the first and 33 from the second and third request. But those are numbers I can deal with.

Many thanks again,

Hartmut

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

Okay, part of an answer for you ...

The parameter you're using in 2. is wrong, so it's ignoring it and returning everything! Its just jql not jqlQuery, so it should be

.../rest/api/2/search/?jql=sprint

Looking again at 3., I'm not sure what that call is, but if you make the change to 2. as I've stated above, it should agree with 1.

Hope this helps

Warren

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2017

I think in 3, Hartmut means that "sprint = 754" has been typed into the search box in the UI.  It should return the same as 1 (and your corrected 2), but if it does not, then we should compare the different results to have a look at the issue that appears in one search and not the other.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

Hi Nic

You're probably correct, I was confused by the .../issues/?jql= bit of 3.

Just typing Sprint=xxx into the Issues search returns exactly the same number for me, so that would mean that I'm getting all three returning the same number of issues.

@Hartmut Boekhoff, over to you now

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2017

Hi Hartmut

Is it just a typo that 1. has 745 and 2. and 3. have 754?

Suggest an answer