pull JSM issues into Jira software

Prasad Bharadwaj May 21, 2022

how can i pull the customer raised issues in JSM into Sprint Backlog? 

3 answers

3 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2022

My main answer would be what @Jack Brickey  said already.

But I'd want to question the rationale for doing it.  Scrum is not a suitable framework for handling support requests.  If a support request leads you down a route that requires work from a development team rather than a support team to deal with it, then the best option is to create new items for the developers to track through their processes, not try to jam the request into their to do list and confuse the requestor with your development processes.

There's a good reason JSM has a function for "created linked issue in a dev project"

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2022

Hi @Prasad Bharadwaj , I agree with @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- here, connecting OPS (Jira Service Management) and DEV (Jira Software) happens through issue links and automation, not by moving a JSM issue into a JSW project.

If you have a customer request for a change in JSM and analysis/development/testing/release is necessary, then this request is 'developed' in JSW.

So a Change in JSM leads to a Epic/Story/Task in JSW. The relation is an issue link.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2022

If you are using a Company managed software project then you could edit the underlined filter for the scrum board to include specific issues from your JSM project. You will need to be able to uniquely identify the JSM issues. Maybe by label or status or something. With that said have you considered creating a linked issue in your JSW project instead?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events