project will be deleted in 7 days

Drishya Kandpal May 22, 2021

Why am I getting this error that the project is going to be deleted in 7 days .

Kindly tell whats the issue  why am i getting this mail i generally use jira to log issues tasks and bugs ?

1 answer

1 vote
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2021

Hi Drishya,

Welcome to the community. It is likely that you are getting notified as you are a product (Jira) administrator and someone has deleted one of the projects on your Jira site.

It's a security and protection mechanism to notify you of projects being deleted without you noticing.

Cheers, Jimmy

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2021

To add to this, as I understand it when a project admin deletes a project it is held in the trashcan for a period of time to allow you to recover it should you have mistakenly deleted it. Later that trashcan is flushed. So I think this email warning is letting you know that it’s getting ready to be deleted for good. Having said that I certainly may be mistaken as this is simply what I recall reading earlier. I have not experienced this specific behavior personally. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events