• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

problem with filters

I created a specific filter and saved it to run an extract every day. This morning a number of fields have disappeared and no longer visible, in my extract.

I export selected fields and now I have a problem, I have to run the all fields export to try and find my fields.

This is very time consuming. Please advise what has changed in the system ?

The fields are:

Issue ID, Issue Key & Status Category.

Thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Community Leader Jan 20, 2021

If you run your filter manually do you see you columns? If not please try to add them back then change the filter such that the software recognizes an actual change since adding columns does not do so. For example change the order by (click on a column heading). Click save and then reassess. 

Hi,

no I don't and Im unable to add additional columns to my filter, The option to save is also no longer there ?

Ive changed the order and still the same issue

thanks

can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing when you load your filter.

Hi Jack,

apologies, i did not follow your advice properly first time. I can now see the "save" button and made a change and then saved it.

But for some reason I cannot see a full list of items to select and filter on. If I search for an item I see it, I then select it and then press Done, but it does not appear in my filter list or in the columns on the screen. I am also limited to items from a-e, I cannot see any column names/fields after "Epic name".

Annotation 2021-01-20 134852.png

there is a scroll limit. you need to start typing the field name and it should show up in the list.

Thanks Jack

where would I start typing, in the Search area?

ive tried that, I see the item but then nothing, some items are able to be selected and then appear in the column, without requesting it to be saved. and then some items I select like "status category" dont appear no matter what I try

yes in the columns search area - see the image below. Here is what I see ...

2021-01-20_10-33-54.jpg

Hi Jack,

That's exactly what I do, I select it , click done and then the column does not appear on my screen.

the 3 items I mentioned earlier , used to be in my filter up until yesterday, 

I think they might have made a change to the software, I will try see how i can raise it as an issue,

that sure seems like an issue if indeed you are not getting the column after clicking Done. it is working fine for me. Agree that I would turn to Atlassian Support. Please post any resolution you might find here.

Hi Jack,

I logged a issue/bug with Atlassian Support,

and when I connected this morning, I was able to include the missing fields, rearrange them and extract my csv file with  all the fields I needed.

I have no idea what caused the problem, but only too pleased its sorted.

many thanks for your help yesterday.

Hi Jack,

believe it or not, the solution was short lived. Today back to the same problem i have been experiencing.

I have gone back to support, and am waiting on some resolution,

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

130 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you