permission issue : viewing agile dashboard

Jean-Sebastien (GA) July 31, 2014

Hi all,

I'm facing a problem :

My users cannot view the agile dashboards. When they log in, they are displayed the following error message:

The requested board cannot be viewed because it either does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Which permission(s) in the permission scheme control this ?

In case you ask, they already have the "browse projects" permission set.

I'm using Jira Agile OnDemand.

Thank your for your help :)

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

ok so, just found this :

answer was there : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/How+to+restrict+the+access+to+JIRA+Agile+Scrum+board

BUT !

when I edit the filter, I select "Group" in the "Add Shares" dropdown, but then I don't see all the groups defined in site administration, only part of them (8 over 14). Why is that ?

Therefore I cannot select the proper group, and those users are blocked :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2014

I suspect you have to be a member of the group you want to share with.

Like Golla Sathish likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2014

I kind of understand why it's set up like that - admin rights are totally separate from user rights. Sharing stuff is a user right, and it's correct that users should be in the groups they're going to share with. But yes, it would be nice if admins could bypass their group membership in this case!

Hi Nic,

good guess :) it did solve the problem actually, although IMHO it does not make sense. As an admin I should be able to configure everything, to add whichever users groups I want, without being compelled to be inside this group (that, does not make sense for me, or I missed somethnig).

But whatever, thanks a lot for answering in such short notice :) :)

yes, I see your point Nic. It seems normal from user point of view indeed.

regards,

:)

AKASH BHARDWAJ March 13, 2015

I too faced the same issue. I have added my username to User group and it made a trick for me. THanks Nic..

3 votes
Michael Weberschläger January 9, 2020

I had the same problem. But non of the answers worked out for me. I had to delete the upcoming sprint and had to move all stories back to the backlog

Lavanya Diganth January 30, 2020

This worked for me as well.

Was unable to start the sprint, though I created the project.

Moved all stories to Backlog, deleted the sprint and created a new one.

Like Luis Fernandez likes this
Azin Mehrnoosh February 24, 2020

Yup, this was the only thing that worked for me.

Suggest an answer