originalestimate Jira app

Іван Андрєєв December 1, 2022

Is it possible to create a field "originalestimate" field through the Jira app? Because of IOS, there is an error, and on Android, the field is not active at all.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Jira has originalestimate built into it.  It's not a field you can add.

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Hi

But tracking can be noted. Is that what it was meant to be?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

I am sorry, I do not understand that question.

Jira has a "time tracking" function which looks like several fields, one of which is "original estimate".  You can't add duplicate fields of system field like that.

There is a Jira application, tasks are displayed there, we can insert tracking, but not the original estimate.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

What do you mean by "insert"?  You said earlier that you were trying to add a field, but do you mean you are trying to add data to a field, not add a field?

What do you mean by "tracking"?  Does it let you add work logs, estimates and so on?  Or something else?

Іван Андрєєв December 2, 2022

Does it allow you to set an original time estimate?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2022

Yes, I can set the original estimate.

Іван Андрєєв December 5, 2022

Can you do these things through the app?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2022

As I said already.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events