organize issues in board by severity

hebergement October 29, 2012

Hello,

I would to like to force the organization of the task in the board used by developpers.

Group and display first criticals one.

Is it possible to manage these groups and/or displays ?

Because, the problem is that they have all task in the TODO column without any organization.

Best,

Nicolas J.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Oliver Wahler October 29, 2012

Hi Nicolas,

Could you share some details about what boards you are using?

if you refer to GreenHopper boards: depending on the version you use, the Rapid or Agile Boards seem to do the tirck.

Just use a filter ordering your result set by criticality (whatever field(s) you use for measuring that) or set up the swim lanes accordingly. Details can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+a+Board

But in a strict agile world you would rather prioritize/rank your backlog accordingly, so that your developers simply need to pick the top most (highest ranked) issues next.

--

Oliver

hebergement October 29, 2012

Hi Olivier,

many thanks for your answer.

We use Kanban, what i was thinking about is to create more group than "Expedite" and "Everything Else".

I understood what you suggest, but we need to introduce a particular project management those days and the problem is that there is several projects in the same Kanban Filter.

That's why I wonder if it is possible to create other groups as Expedite, etc ...

Nicolas J.

Oliver Wahler October 29, 2012

That sounds feasible.

Simply go to the Configuration of your Board and select Swimmlanes. There you can adjust your swimlanes, which are query based, using JQL.

Just add a swimlane and use JQL like in the issue navigator to filter for the ones you are interested in.

The board then takes all issues from the selected projects and maps matching issues into the defined swimlanes.

You can find details here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Swimlanes#ConfiguringSwimlanes-ModifyingyourQuery-basedswimlanes

I hopoe that helps,

Oliver

0 votes
hebergement November 4, 2012

Hello,

sorry for the long delay of my answer.

This was exactly what I was looking for.

Many thanks

Suggest an answer