organization name vs jira address

Gilbert Carroll June 20, 2022

Hi,

We are early in our process, but have configured our organization incorrectly. Can anyone provide insight?

So pretend we have and organization called 'myorg', and hope for the jira url to be something like 'myorg-jira.atlassian.net'. My question is How do we set that up? Currently we have two organizations, one called 'myorg' and one called 'myorg-jira'. Again, my intention is to have one org called 'myorg' with a jira url of 'myorg-jira.'

thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

Hello @Gilbert Carroll !

I'm just asking for clarification: is your hope to have Jira under "https://myorg-jira.atlassian.net" and your other Atlassian products (e.g. Confluence) under a different URL?  Because that's not the way it works.

All Atlassian products you license will be in the same URL.

Gilbert Carroll June 20, 2022

Thanks a lot for the reply!

Well, that is possibly where I am stumbling!

That is where I was aiming, at having something like 'myorg-jira', 'myorg-confluence'... -sounds like that is the incorrect was to look at it? How does a user go to jira but not to confluence,? Do they go to a general landing page where they select which product they want to go to?

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

If a user has signed into the site for your organization, they can switch to other products they are licensed by clicking in the top right corner and selecting the applicable product.

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 7.22.53 AM.png

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2022

If you're asking how to simply change the URL of your current cloud instance you can reach out to Atlassian support and they will be able to assist you with this. Now it appears you might be in a trial so you may not be able to get that support just yet. The other option would be to simply create the new instance all together and let the old one age out. No I am a bit confused as it seems you already have two instances and one of them is named as you desire. If the "myorg" instance has anything of importance you could consider exporting it and then importing it into the other instance.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events