optional list

Armin Cseve October 4, 2017

Hello!

I creat a new fields, type optional list. I can add manual the elements to the list, but I have 2000 elements!!!

Can I add fast this 2000 elements? (plugin? pgadmin?...)

Thx, Armin

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

Hello, 

1. You can use ScriptRunner (built-in function)

2. Python + Rest API (https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis)

3. DB is bad idea, in fact, it is possible. 3 table customfield* for your experiments. Please, start on test env. 

Cheers,

Gonchik

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

3 is a very very bad idea - it's not just customfield tables.  Caches and counter tables matter as well.

There is another trick - create a spreadsheet with one line per option you want to add, and two columns (the second can be just a duplicate of the first!)

Import it into a temporary project that has your field in it, using column 1 as summary, and 2 as the option.  Tell Jira to import the options into the field.  Throw away the temporary project and the issues you've created.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2017

I think better way is Scriptrunner:) Easy to use it.

Suggest an answer