notification for comments and @login

Jira Median November 21, 2017

Hi everybody,

I write a comment in my issue (user story) and in the comment I wrote the person I want receive an email notification with "@teddy". The login "teddy" exists but there is not notification sent to him.

Is it possible to Jira to do this ?

I did not see info about this.

thanks for your help

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Hi

When you're mentioning someone in a comment (or elsewhere) their name should appear in the dropdown list, so as you typed @ted you should have seen the name appearing - I'm assuming that happened.

The next check is whether you have email notifications set up on your instance of Jira. See this page which is the Cloud instructions, although there is a button at the top right of the page to change it to the server version

1 vote
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017

Hi! 

Could you review this KB:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mentions-are-not-working-in-jira-300813787.html

Hope it helps.

Time to time I am checking in mail queue via url

{jira_URL}/secure/admin/MailQueueAdmin!default.jspa

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

0 votes
Jira Median November 22, 2017

Hi

thanks a lot.

it works now.

Suggest an answer