not able to assign subtask from story Details view

Erik Haunold May 28, 2021

when viewing the subtask list in rapid board story detail view, there doesn't seem to be a way to assign a user the subtask without clicking into the subtask, whereas when a user is already assigned a subtask, you can click the avatar to reassign.

UnassignedSubtasks.png

it would save some steps for there to be a placeholder 'unassigned' avatar or something so that I can assign a subtask without clicking into the subtask details.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

Are you working with issues in a Company Managed or Team Managed project?

Are you working with a Software project or another type of project (Work Management or Service Management)?

When I look at subtask in a Story in a Team Managed Software project, I find that I am see an avatar for each one even when it is unassigned, and I am able to click on that and select an assignee.

When I work with a Company Managed Software project, I see the same behavior you do.

I have not yet found an issue in Atlassian's backlog about this. You might want to contact Atlassian Support directly to see if they can find one already in their backlog, or ask them to open one if they don't already have one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events